Considering gestational surrogacy? Our experts can help you find a surrogate
You aren’t alone if you want to find a surrogate, or gestational carrier. Many hopeful parents work with a generous surrogate to have a baby. You might be overwhelmed by the process of finding a surrogate, but our Las Vegas surrogacy experts are here to help. The Fertility Center of Las Vegas (FCLV) is proud to help you find the right surrogate for your family.
Exploring your options – How we help you find a surrogate
If you need to find a surrogate, the experienced team at FCLV can help. We work with all kinds of hopeful parents who need a gestational carrier. From women and couples who cannot carry a baby, to gay couples and single men, we can help patients find the right surrogate.
Our Las Vegas surrogacy experts don’t offer surrogates for selection at the clinic. However, we partner with reputable surrogacy agencies who can help you find a gestational carrier. These agencies have many valuable functions such as:
- Finding and vetting potential surrogates
- Navigating the complicated legal process
- Assisting your surrogate with her appointment scheduling
- Retrieving medical records
- Establishing escrow accounts to keep your funds safe
- Guiding you on the overall process
You can also find a surrogate on your own. If this option appeals to you, you should hire an attorney who will create a surrogacy contract. This contract will outline the responsibilities and rights of you and your surrogate. The goal is to protect everyone involved in the process, including your future child.
How to tell if you need a surrogacy agency
It can be challenging to decide whether you should use a surrogacy agency or select a surrogate on your own. The following factors can help make this decision easier.
- Complexity. Surrogacy is a complex process, both medically and legally. Most women and men find that an agency helps them navigate this process, especially if they are pursuing surrogacy for the first time.
- Control. Some hopeful parents want to control every part of their surrogacy journey. Pursuing surrogacy without an agency can give these patients the control they seek. However, it can also make the journey more difficult because they are doing it all on their own.
- Cost. Hopeful parents can avoid paying agency fees by picking a gestational carrier who is not from a surrogacy agency. This can result in a lower overall cost. As a tradeoff for these savings, you will not have someone to manage the surrogacy process. This process can become a full-time job, which is why most hopeful parents decide to work with a surrogacy agency.
Proceeding with gestational surrogacy
To begin the gestational surrogacy process, you will schedule a consultation with our surrogacy team. At this appointment, we will review your family-building goals and budget. We will also discuss any personal requirements, such as whether you will need an interpreter and what you need to know about the legal side of surrogacy. After we learn what you need, we can provide recommendations for surrogacy agencies.
Once you have selected a surrogate, the FCLV team will provide a thorough medical screening to ensure that the woman is healthy enough to safely and successfully move forward with surrogacy.
If you want to know more about gestational surrogacy and the differences between using a surrogacy agency and an independent surrogacy, our Las Vegas surrogacy experts can help you. Contact us to schedule an appointment and learn how to find a surrogate.