A look at the surrogacy medical process for parents
With help from the surrogacy medical process for parents, women and men can make their dreams of parenthood come true. You aren’t alone if you have questions about this process. Our Las Vegas surrogacy experts have the knowledge and experience to walk you through every step.
Taking it step-by-step with the surrogacy medical process for parents
Welcoming a baby using gestational surrogacy is an exciting journey with many steps. This surrogacy medical process for parents varies slightly depending on whether you use an egg donor. However, the basic steps are the same.
- Initial testing. We begin the medical process with testing. Before creating embryos for transfer to a surrogate, our Las Vegas surrogacy experts will first test the male providing the sperm as well as the female providing the eggs. This woman is either the female intended parent or an egg donor.
- Egg retrieval. If you or your partner will provide the eggs, the next step is taking medications for ovulation induction and undergoing outpatient egg retrieval. If you are using an egg donor, she will undergo these procedures.
- Fertilization and embryo freezing. Our embryologists will combine the sperm and eggs. When the sperm fertilizes the egg, it becomes an embryo. We will freeze these embryos to transfer later.
- Gestational carrier testing. The surrogate you select will come to our clinic for testing. It should take about two to three weeks to get medical clearance and proceed with an embryo transfer.
- Frozen embryo transfer (FET). After receiving medical and legal clearance, our team will monitor your surrogate’s uterine lining. We will then thaw and transfer one of your embryos to her uterus when the lining is ready. After that, she will rest for 24-48 hours.
- Confirming pregnancy. 10 days after the embryo transfer, we will give your surrogate a pregnancy test. Our Las Vegas surrogacy experts and your surrogate’s local doctor will care for her during the first 10 weeks of pregnancy. She will then return to her OB/GYN to receive care for the rest of the pregnancy.
Find an Oasis of Hope during the surrogacy medical process for parents
You aren’t alone as you move forward with the surrogacy medical process for intended parents. Our Las Vegas surrogacy experts provide leading-edge and compassionate care to help you on your journey to become a parent.
Contact us to schedule an appointment and learn about the surrogacy medical process. Our team is honored to help intended parents from around the world.